FwM-Modz

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FwM-Modz

VIRTUAL COMMUNITY

Hacked Xbox1 Backwards Compatibility v5829 Leaked

SOSA 2006
    SOSA 2006
    Admin
    Admin

Hacked Xbox1 Backwards Compatibility v5829 Leaked Empty Hacked Xbox1 Backwards Compatibility v5829 Leaked

Post  SOSA 2006 Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:17 am

A hacked version of the Xbox1 Backwards Compatibility v5829 (November 2007) has been leaked yesterday. It wasn't supposed to be out (yet), but as it's all over the internet now I guess we could just mention it too. Was originally made for devkits, but should work just fine on jtagged homebrew 360s too:

I've attempted to remove any limits on the emulator, although i left in game ratings checks in case you dont want your little ones to play violent games Smile

This can be toggled in the dashboard anyway. The following hacks were done to the emulator:
    * Xbe signature checks removed (lets you run unsigned code)
    * Xbe section hash checks removed (lets u run hacked xbes)
    * Game region checks removed (region free baby!)
    * Game media checks removed (play games from your hard drive)
    * Debug/Devkit xbes supported (run your own xbox1 code)
    * Attempt to play unsupported games (doesn't mean it will work hehe)

To install this, copy the Compatibilty folder to your devkits Y drive.
    You may want to remove any existing files, although this should overwrite all files.

Note: it will boot (some) Xbox1 homebrew as well, however don't expect everything to work perfectly. And no ... XBMC will not run fully on it (don't expect video playback etc).

Hacked Backwards Compatibility v5829 for Xbox 360. This was originally intended for devkits. (keyword: 360 jtag hack) Features: * Xbe signature checks removed (lets you run unsigned code) * Xbe section hash checks removed (lets u run hacked xbes) * Game region checks removed (region free baby!) * Game media checks removed (play games from your hard drive) * Debug/Devkit xbes supported (run your own xbox1 code) * Attempt to play unsupported games (doesn't mean it will work hehe)

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:15 pm